Once upon a time, there lived a hare and a tortoise. One day, there was a race from Town of fierce cats to City of chubby dogs. " I bet a million that today, you won't win me. Look, I have such muscular thighs and and aerodynamic body. I am sure that even if I don't do anything, I will still win you in the race." sneered the arrogant hare. The tortoise did not reply, but instead started preparing himself psychologically for the race.
" Ready...... Get set.....GO!" shouted the bulldog at the starting line. The hare ran effortlessly, soon, he was no longer within earshot. The tortoise however was still crawling slowly, but steadily towards the finishing line.
"Hmmmppphh........Hmmmmmpppphh... Darn, this is such an easy win! I simply could not believe that the tortoise wants to join this race." The hare grunted. "Should be more down to Earth...Hehe.." Suddenly, a idea popped out of his mind: Why not take a nap? I am sure that the shelled slowpoke would not overtake me even if I took a nap. He hopped merrily to the nearest sign board.
"One and half mile south... City of chubby dogs. No worries, even if that tortoise overtake me, I can still win." He lay by the foot of the tall oak tree. Within a matter of seconds, he fall into a deeeeeep sleep. Still far behind, the tortoise was running with all his might. Though slow, he was making progress steadily.
"ZZZZZZZZZZZ.......Mkorfahjf ahfkacai choks... Oh dear....I must have overslept!" The hare wailed after waking up to see the sun setting. "Quick! I can still beat that pathetic tortoise." He murmured to himself. He ran at a breakneck speed towards the finishing line. The tortoise however was already approaching the finishing line. When the hare was within the finishing line, the tortoise had already crossed it. It was too late for the hare, the tortoise had already won it.
"Nooooooo.....My dreams are shattered!" the hare cried. "I shouldn't have looked down on tortoise. I never knew that he could win..... Nooooooo.... Please forgive me, tortoise." the hare lamented.
"It's alright. You see, you are born with the gift of God: your powerful legs and stamina. BUT, the formula of success is not like that. You must be hardworking too. That will give you your success. I have only four legs that helps me when I am swimming or in underwater, not your legs that are so well-adapted to this unique environment. Don't think that by having some talents that others don't, you can beat them. Dilegence is crucial for your success, without it, you are as good as a person whose potential is yet to be achieved." the tortoise explained. The hare stared blankly at the tortoise and nodded silently.
And the two of them lived happily ever after.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment